Open source license for the OpenFortress outlet
OpenFortress uses a BSD style license for software and documentation found on this outlet, with the express intent to allow commercial as well as private use of the contents of this site.
All of the documentation and software included under the domain openfortress.org is copyrighted by OpenFortress, located in the Netherlands.
Copyright 2002 OpenFortress, the Netherlands.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted for any legal purpose, provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code and/or documentation must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this software and/or documentation must display the following acknowledgement, with
software and/or documentation made more specific to represent the situation at hand:
This product includes software and/or documentation developed by OpenFortress and its contributors.
- Neither the name of OpenFortress nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior digitally signed permission.
- When obtaining the software and/or documentation provided on this site, any import laws about cryptography or otherwise, must be taken into account. Neither of OpenFortress, contributors and the hosting party can be held responsible for not obeying import laws when retrieving code and/or documentation from this site.
THIS SOFTWARE AND DOCUMENTATION IS PROVIDED BY OPENFORTRESS AND CONTRIBUTORS ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL OPENFORTRESS OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE AND/OR DOCUMENTATION, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
The views and conclusions contained in the software and documentation are those of the authors and should not be interpreted as representing official policies, either expressed or implied, of OpenFortress.